What to Look For
- Structured so sides stay upright and do not collapse inward
- Non-slip containers with Velcro on bottom so they organizers don’t slide (rubber stoppers for hard bottom floors)
- The container itself is not too heavy
- Something that folds when you want it out of the way
- Weighted bottom
If security is an issue look for containers with covers or lids. Here is a creative DIY solution from the Lifehacker website.
Products to Check Out
- The Folding Trunk Organizer has good reviews at The Container Store and Amazon. This organizer meets many of the above criteria and folds up compactly when not in use.
- The Rola Rigid Base Interior Organizer is perfect if you need an organizer with a rigid base and adjustable dividers. At 38 x 15 x 7inches, it is fairly large making it best suited to minivans and SUVS. The best thing about the dividers is they keep items separated; sports gear, groceries, car tools and the like. This organizer is spring–loaded and pops down to lie flat when not in use.
- Deler Foldable 4-Compartment Trunk Organizer is highly rated for holding groceries. It includes two insulated compartments. are a simple, basic solution to keeping things from rolling around in your trunk.
What to Look For
- Tip proof
- Holds decent amount of trash
- Easy to clean
- Easy to insert and remove
Trash holders come in over the seat hanging models and floor receptacles. Both have their pros and cons. The style you chose is a matter of personal preference. Here are two that meet the criteria: 2in1 Car Trash Can + Tissue Holder and High Road TrashStand Litter Compact, a weighted, floor model.