Unless you are an avid car lover you may overlook the fact that there are several gifts to be used in your car that make useful, much appreciated presents. Here are some of our favorite ideas:
Unless you are an avid car lover
GPS Navigation Systems
Portable GPS navigation systems are extremely popular and come with a wide variety of features and price points. If you have access to Consumer Reports you can find informative articles and ratings recommendations. Also helpful is the recent CNET article Top Five GPS.
Car Stereo Systems
For older cars, a new stereo system offers loads of options. You can get HD radio (which has significantly better sound,) iPod connectivity, CD changers and even GPS in a new system. Crutchfield is one of many useful online shopping sites. Visit their learn page for detailed information on selecting and installing their products. You can also purchase a system and have it installed professionally. Sometimes local car stereo stores run promotions that include free or discounted installation with purchase. In the Boulder area we recommend Ultimate Electronics and Absolute Installation.
- Folding Trunk Organizer There are a variety of trunk organizers available. This one, from The Container Store is well regarded because it folds compactly when not in use.
- Travel Valet Car Hanger For the car traveler that wants to keep a jacket, pants or skirt hanging without blocking the windows, this hanger is designed to hang from the back of the front seats.
Keep Your Car Looking Good
- Car Wash and Detailing Gift Certificates
- to a car wash or detail shop are excellent car gifts. We recommend The Puddle (in Boulder) or Black Diamond (in Louisville.) Be sure and check their websites, they often have coupon specials. For more thorough detailing we recommend
- Weather Guard Floor Mats These are special floor mats with a lip along the edges and sloping ridges in the mat that keep dirt, melted snow and ice from soaking into your carpeting and away from your feet. Two places to find them: WeatherTech andWeatherGuard.
- Misting Misting is a service that cleans and sanitizes the ventilation systems of your car. Lisa recently had it done and can definitely tell a difference in her car. You can find out more about car misting here.
- Window Tinting Tinting protects the interior of your car and helps it look new longer. We recommend Details Plus Auto Salon.
Safety and Security
- Emergency Unstuck Kit It is no fun getting stuck in the snow. This kit includes a folding shovel, blanket, gloves and a forever flashlight (no batteries needed) and it stows away neatly when not in use.
- Roadside Assistance Gift Certificate AAA offers 24-hour roadside assistance. Here is a link to purchase a gift membership.
Time Saving Tip: No one likes to have their car tied up for more than a day. Did you know we can arrange for stereo installation, window tinting and many other services while your car is at our shop for maintenance or repairs?