Auto Air Conditioning Repair in Boulder, CO
How does a/c repair work?
A car’s air conditioning works like any standard air conditioner, but on a much smaller scale. It’s important to note that a vehicle’s a/c doesn’t produce cold air, it removes heat from the air entering its system. The refrigerant in your vehicle alternates between a gaseous and liquid state. When refrigerant in its cool liquid form is exposed to warm air in your vehicle’s condenser, it evaporates into a gas and absorbs or removes heat from the surrounding environment. The heated refrigerant then moves to a separate part of the system, where the gas is compressed into liquid by the compressor. Before the refrigerant can cycle back through the system, any water that may have been created in the process needs to be removed. This is achieved by a component known as a receiver or dryer. Once the water is removed, the refrigerant can start the cycle all over again. To make sure all parts of your air conditioning system are working appropriately and you are in Boulder, CO, you can bring your car to Pellman’s Automotive Service today.
How do I know if my vehicle needs a heating & air conditioning service?
Whether you own a Chevrolet, Dodge, Ford, or Toyota, there are universal indicators that there is a problem with your car’s air conditioning and you will need to come in for an air conditioning evac/recharge service. Here are some signs to watch out for:
- The air isn’t cooling.
- Most of the time, your air conditioning loses its cooling properties because there is a low level of refrigerant, your condenser is broken, or the compressor has a broken or damaged belt.
- You hear strange noises when your air conditioning is on.
- Noise usually comes from a dying compressor, but some other common causes can be a cross-contaminated refrigerant or the use of the wrong lubricant.
- It seems moist inside your vehicle.
- The common cause for moist air inside your car is usually moisture or debris trapped inside your air conditioning system.
- The air from your air conditioning smells.
- If you haven’t used your air conditioning in a while, bacteria and fungus can settle into the system, creating a foul smell.
- Something is leaking from your air conditioning.
- Leaking refrigerant is dangerous and this issue should be addressed as soon as possible.
Here are some tips to keep your car cool in hot weather in Boulder, CO without the air conditioning:
- Use a sunshade or window visor.
- Park in a shady area.
- Purchase a solar-powered fan.
- Keep windows slightly cracked.
- Throw blankets over your seats.
- Use a dash cover.
- Keep your precious possessions away from the sun.
- Cover your steering wheel with a towel.
- Park in a garage when possible.
It is imperative to get your air conditioning repaired, especially in hot Boulder, CO summers. We at Pellman’s Automotive Service can help.
Your Local Expert Auto Repair Shop for Air Conditioning Repair
We at Pellman’s Automotive Service in Boulder, CO have been fixing cars since 1995 and our team of expert technicians have decades of combined experience and are experts in all things auto repair. Specializing in brake repair and engine repair, we will do a comprehensive inspection of your car to determine if you need additional services, such as scheduled maintenance.
If you are in the 80301 area or nearby, you can give us a call at (720) 729-7039 or schedule an appointment with us online!